Earth vs. Sun , which is better?
Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only object in the Universe known to harbor life. According to radiometric dating and other sources of evidence, Earth formed over 4.5 billion years ago.
The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process.
Add your comment!
Difference and similar
Mean distance from Earth
Sun1 au ≈ 1.496×108 km
SunZ = 0.0122
Sun31.6–32.7 minutes of arc
Mean distance from Milky Way core
About 100,000 light yearsor about 30 kpc
- ≈ 220 km/s (orbit around the center of the Milky Way)
- ≈ 20 km/s (relative to average velocity of other stars in stellar neighborhood)
- ≈ 370 km/s (relative to the cosmic microwave background)
Earth6378.1 km (3963.2 mi)
Earth510.1 million km²
Equatorial surface gravity
Moment of inertia factor
- Center (modeled): 1.57×107 K
- Photosphere (effective): 5,772 K
- Corona: ≈ 5×106 K
Earth4.543 billion years
Sun≈ 4.6 billion years